Here we want to read your Ideas and Wishes to Garys Cookbook 3.X.x Of course also to everything around the Cookbook as the extensions. We need your Ideas to improve this component in a from you desired direction. The Ideas from the old thread are moved to this new Subforum. In this subforum it is easier to discuss and comment the ideas. Please open a new thread for each idea.Questions to the actual versions of course are written in the normal Forum as usual.

Receipts by Autor

• ardei-iute
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
14 Jahre 3 Monate her #3496 von ardei-iute
ardei-iute antwortete auf Re:Receipts by Autor
It will be nice to have autor name as hiperlink. When click on autor name, to see a selection with all receipts published by that autor.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
14 Jahre 3 Monate her #3497 von over
over antwortete auf Aw: Re:Receipts by Autor
Hi ardei-iute,
I hope you followed the instructions how to back-up Gary's Cookbook. A Joomla! complete back-up is also recommended.
Then you didn't loos the data. But made yourself more homework.

- I don't think we'll do anything with a Cookbook print. It's a good idea but if there are 7.000 recipes or more you probably will kill your Joomla! server with the data. I don't know if the Joomla! Pdf function will be available in J! version 1.6. At least it was discussed to remove it because of the problems. Free Pdf programs are available for anyone who want to create it from a printout localy.

- I agree 100% with you on the author search. BUT we now have to keep things apart. With V 3.0.14 the Field Author may be used as I do. i.e. As Source! e.g. "From my mothers old cookbook" or "From my friend Elena". (Be careful! Do not use copyright protected sources in this field)
I hope your users must register and login to enter recipes! Then it's possible to find the Created-by (user name) of the recipe. Created-by must be shown somewher when displaying a recipe. This can then bi linked to a list like "My recipes". Here then "Mikes recipes".

It is on the Idea list. But not scheduled.

over

• ardei-iute
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
14 Jahre 3 Monate her #3498 von ardei-iute
ardei-iute antwortete auf Re:Aw: Re:Receipts by Autor
It was my mistake because I did not follow your instructions.

Finaly after few days I have 400 receipts back (enteres manualy by one of my moderators)

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.223 Sekunden