Here we want to read your Ideas and Wishes to Garys Cookbook 3.X.x Of course also to everything around the Cookbook as the extensions. We need your Ideas to improve this component in a from you desired direction. The Ideas from the old thread are moved to this new Subforum. In this subforum it is easier to discuss and comment the ideas. Please open a new thread for each idea.Questions to the actual versions of course are written in the normal Forum as usual.

Output Over ride

• kkolinski
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
13 Jahre 9 Monate her #3848 von kkolinski
Output Over ride wurde erstellt von kkolinski
Hi Gary!

I've been having fun with your Cookbook for a few weeks now. I do have a question that perhaps you can answer.

What is the proper format for output overrides with your component?

I've tried every variation of the following that I can think of and can not get overrides to work so any suggestions would be appreciated.

/templates/html/com_garyscookbook
/views
/detail
/detailview.php

/views
/detailview.php

/detailview.php

Thank you!

Kevin

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
13 Jahre 9 Monate her #3851 von over
over antwortete auf Aw: Output Over ride
Hi Kevin,
you've addresed Gerald but i'll try to give you my opinion.

- We address primaraly Joomla! users without any knowledge in programming, css or html. i.e. the component will, as long as I'm a part of the project, be parameter controlled and NOT mainly controlled with any Joomla! programming techniques.
- It is free to use, but do not suppose to get technical advise for free.
- We know that the component is not using the latest Joomla! ideas. More important for us is that the users that started with the Cookbook in the days of J! V 1.0 and thereafter still have the possibility to upgrade to the latest version without loosing their valuable data. Without this obligation I would leave the project immediatly because thats why i'm here.
- It's so far not a commercial extension to Joomla! There are not very many available for free with this complexity.
- Nevertheless the component will in the sinn of evolution, not revolution, move in the direction of the so called mvc even if there are also a lot of disadvantages with it.

This are my own personal oppinions

Best regards
over

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.202 Sekunden