Here we want to read your Ideas and Wishes to Garys Cookbook 3.X.x Of course also to everything around the Cookbook as the extensions. We need your Ideas to improve this component in a from you desired direction. The Ideas from the old thread are moved to this new Subforum. In this subforum it is easier to discuss and comment the ideas. Please open a new thread for each idea.Questions to the actual versions of course are written in the normal Forum as usual.

Recipe manager - Front-end

• questionfive
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
13 Jahre 11 Monate her #3681 von questionfive
Recipe manager - Front-end wurde erstellt von questionfive
It would be nice to have a link that leads to a recipe manager in the front-end cookbook so user's have complete control of their past and new recipes.

A good starting format would be:

My recipes:
recipe 1 - view, edit, delete
category: main dish
recipe 2 - view, edit, delete
category: main dish >> dinner
---
My favorite recipes: (other user's recipes)
example 1 - view, remove

thanks,
Ryan

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
13 Jahre 11 Monate her #3685 von over
over antwortete auf Re:Recipe manager - Front-end
Hi Ryan,

thanks for the Ideas! :)

Start with 2.

The "My Personal (favorite) Recipe List" is already implemented. You may add/remove a recipe when you view it. (Registered user of course) I think there is a bug there - Add Recipe - always shows even if the parameter is set to No. Corrected in V 3.0.15 coming soon. The choise to show the list is hidden in the Selection list to the right in the Cookbook header. But you can add it to a menu e.g. in your Usermenu as here on garyscookbook.de Just follow the hints in Help/Faq.
More functionality to the list is on our To-do-list.

To 1:

It is already possible to edit your own recipes ( as registered user). There are some changes to it in V 3.0.15. e.g. Upload recipe images is only possible if an image is missing, to avoid "image spamming". Deleting recipes will not be possible in the first place. This has to be managed by an administrator in the backend. Because we cant delete the images automaticly as they may be in multiple use in several recipes by linking them in the Backend.

Finding recipes for a certain user and then of course also "Your own created recipes", is on the To-do-list.
This is only possible for recipes added from Version 3.0.14. This because the creator-user wasn't stored in the database table before. If the Author field always was filled with a valid Username, it's updated when upgrading to version 3.0.14/.15 when choosing "Update alias" in the backend.

I hope this helps you and others who read this a little longer answer.

over

• questionfive
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
13 Jahre 11 Monate her #3690 von questionfive
questionfive antwortete auf Re:Recipe manager - Front-end
sound good over, thanks

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.233 Sekunden