Here we want to read your Ideas and Wishes to Garys Cookbook 3.X.x Of course also to everything around the Cookbook as the extensions. We need your Ideas to improve this component in a from you desired direction. The Ideas from the old thread are moved to this new Subforum. In this subforum it is easier to discuss and comment the ideas. Please open a new thread for each idea.Questions to the actual versions of course are written in the normal Forum as usual.

Easy Title changer. Plix ;)

Mehr
14 Jahre 1 Woche her #3662 von over
over antwortete auf Re: Easy Title changer. Plix ;)
Hi elvinsson,

I think the info about changing the cookbook title is missing in the "personalze guide" in help/faq (tipps & tricks). I'll add it. You'll find an entry in the language file with Gary's Cookbok=. This is mainly used to make it possible to translate it if you have a multi language site.

I think we'll discuss of a use of comma as divider for the title. I have more problem with the length of the title. Saving a couple of characters won't help much.

e.g. "My site with the best recipes from our grandma, This is the first level of categories, this is the second level of categories, recipes from the state of Småland in Sweden, Cheesecake from Småland the traditional way"

Yes! It may occur that long. A lot disappears in the Browser header and when googeling you see only a short part.

This is not long but you see that a recipe from this site has a nice ranking.
Enter: balkan küche polenta in the browsersearch.

To avoid a new question: I don't think SEF/SEO links are possible yet even with a Joomla! third party extension. We are working on getting the Joomla! standard functionality to work with the Cookbook. We hope this will be better solved in Joomla! v 1.6 We think this should be included in a CMS.

You could though maintain the metadata (description, keys and robots) when publishing new recipes. The update of the html source code is not yet implemented but will be in short. We still have some problems with multi lanhuage sites here.

over

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

• elvingsson
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
14 Jahre 1 Woche her - 14 Jahre 1 Woche her #3663 von elvingsson
elvingsson antwortete auf Re: Easy Title changer. Plix ;)
Ur from Småland :)?

I have notised that the length can be a bit of a problem i joomla ;/...

Btw wan`t thx for the in link.

/E
Letzte Änderung: 14 Jahre 1 Woche her von elvingsson.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.242 Sekunden