Bitte hier Probleme mit der Betaversion posten bitte immer mit Joomlaversion, PHP Version, und Version des Kochbuchs
Please let us know PHP Version Joomla Version and Version of Cookbook

Multilanguage site and Recipes

Mehr
8 Jahre 2 Monate her #5671 von walturbo
Multilanguage site and Recipes wurde erstellt von walturbo
Hello Gerald,
I was thinking of translating the entire site and then Gary 's Cookbook, but I noticed that after enabling the plugin ' System - Language Filter " and set to YES in the "Association of the elements", I can not make associations in the recipe record. Within the categories instead I can make the association. And your choice or one day we will be this ability to associate a recipe written in "Italian" to a recipe written in "English" for example?

Thanks again for the work you do, good evening,
Walter

Hallo Gerald,
dachte ich an die Übersetzung der gesamten Website und dann Gary's Cookbook, aber ich bemerkte, dass nach dem Aktivieren des Plugins "System - Sprachfilter" und der YES gesetzt "Vereinigung der Elemente", Ich kann nicht in Verbänden zu machen die Rezeptkarte. In die Kategorien statt dessen kann ich den Verein zu machen. Und Ihrer Wahl oder eines Tages werden wir diese Fähigkeit, ein Rezept in "Italian" einem Rezept in "English" beispielsweise geschrieben verknüpfen?

Nochmals vielen Dank für die Arbeit , die Sie tun , guten Abend ,
Walter

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
8 Jahre 2 Monate her #5672 von over
over antwortete auf Multilanguage site and Recipes
Hi Walter,
Have you really decided to make your site multi-lingual?

Here some very personal views on Joomla and languages.
You have to know the difference between multi-language and translation. Joomla supports multi-lingual but not translated sites.
i.e. you do not translate menus, categories, articles or recipes. Every item you want to see in a language is a separate one that can be manually associated with another item.
This only works for very limited and static sites.
I've tried to find a way to translate recipes the Joomla way. I came to the conclusion that it's not possible if you have more than a few categories and more than a couple of recipes. You'll drown in maintaining the site. Here only one example. Move a recipe from one category to another. You have to move all associated recipes accordingly or your site is not "translated" anymore. And there is no hint that something was changed!

It is possible to translate a site with Joomla 3.d party extensions but no one knows if it's supported in the next version of Joomla.. JoomFish worked very nice in Joomla 1.5 and to some extent in Joomla 2.5 but not in 3.5. There is one available for 3.x from redComponent/redCore see redComponent on GitHub

I've tested the redCore solution and it seems to work, to some technical extent better than JoomFish. As I do not know if it will survive to the next Joomla version I do not use it.

If you want to use redCore for translating I probably can give you some hints how to build the file needed for translating Gary's Cookbook..

I do not know if associations are possible for recipes wih Gary's Cookbook or if it wll be added.

Best regards
Ove

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: Merling
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.340 Sekunden